Tuesday, October 6, 2009

California Camping

For some reason I got a camping bug. I really wanted to go camping this summer. We found out it's not really something you can plan last minute here. We were lucky and did get a first come spot that had just barely opened up. Byron's comment was "This isn't camping, you can see other people." Yes, there really is no personal space in California. The kids loved it though and wanted to roast hot dogs the minute we got there ; 9 am. We played in the lake, roasted hot dogs, collected rocks, got dirty, and ended up going to a car show in the little town that we drove through. The sleeping was not great. We put the tent on a bit of an incline because it was the only spot that was a little further away from other people. We left earlier then planned but the kids had a great time. I don't think I'll let that bug bite me again until we are potty trained and have our own washer and dryer.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Brooklyn said...

What a mom! I wish I were ambitious enough to take my boys into the wild...maybe we'll take it into the wild backyard.