Tuesday, October 6, 2009

First Day of School

Kallie's first Day of 2nd grade. It was not exactly as I wanted it to be. We were a little rushed and I stepped in dog poo while taking the picture, but didn't realize it until I had tracked it into the house. (Thanks responsible dog owners.) We did get to school on time though. It was a little tough seeing Kallie in class with big 3rd graders. She is in a 2-3 split class. She's such a big girl; wanting to do everything her own way. A funny note...I try to be particular about the way my kids look. It's a reflection of me isn't it? Well, Kallie has been wanting to do her own hair. I'm all for independence when it looks ok:) Ok, that's not very nice but sometimes it looks... Anyway, I do her hair in the morning, but she has started redoing it at school. So she'll come home with her pony tails in a different place or a crease in her hair where she put a half pony tail in, then took it out on the way from school. I guess that's better then sneaking inappropriate clothes to change into.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

You really were productive! Love all the updates, even though I spend every second with you, I actually didn;t know about sneaking in hair changes. :o)

Leenie said...

Kallie looks so grown up! Cool outfit. Congrats on her being in a 2-3 class. We have such brilliant grand children. HI! to Jenna and Corbin. We are so excited about the upcoming visit.
:D

Brooklyn said...

I can't believe she is growing up so much! They are supposed to stay little forever...I guess we'd better start planning a wedding huh? Oh, and I'll probably do Gideon's hair for the wedding too.